This specially pre-configured Squid Protected Proxy Server can provide you with a high level of privacy. Set the IP addresses manually and allow only certain users to get access to the server. It can be used to block potentially illegal or malicious file downloads, remove annoying advertisements, prevent access to various categories of web sites, and block resources with explicit content.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
The guide how to work with the Squid: Protected Proxy Server on Amazon Linux 2
- To access the proxy server, you must specify a list of IP addresses in the Security Group. To do this, select your Instance, go to the “Security” section and click on the security group.
Click “Edit inbound rules”
Click “Add rule” to add the port
In the field that appears, select the option “Custom TCP Rule”
- Select TCP In the “Protocol” field.
Specify “Port Range” 3128.
In the Source field, enter the IP address access to which will be provided to connect to the proxy server. For example, you can specify your IP address, you can find it on the site https://www.myip.com/
6. To use the proxy server through the built-in Windows tools, you must open the settings.
7. In Settings select Network & Internet
- Go to the “Proxy” section and set the “Use a proxy server” switch to On
- In the Address field, enter the address of the VM, and in the Port field, specify 3128. Then click the Save button.
10. To check the connection to the proxy server, open the https://www.myip.com/ website in any browser and check if your IP address has changed.