The connection to Squid Protected Сaching Proxy Server server using Windows settings
1. To access the proxy server, you must specify a list of IP addresses in the Azure firewall. To do this, go to the “Networking”
2. In the “Inbound port rules” section, click on port 3128 to open its settings (if it’s not there you need to create it)
3. Change the value of the “Source” field from “Any” to “IP addresses” and specify the IP addresses in the “Source IP Addresses” specify the ip addresses that will be granted access to the proxy server. For example, you can specify your IP address, you can find it on the site https://www.myip.com/
4. Launch VM through your Azure account. When starting the VM proxy server starts automatically
5. To use the proxy server through the built-in Windows tools, you must open the settings.
6. In Settings select Network & Internet
7. Go to the “Proxy” section and set the “Use a proxy server” switch to On
8. In the Address field, enter the address of the VM, and in the Port field, specify 3128. Then click the Save button.
9. To check the connection to the proxy server, open the https://www.myip.com/ website in any browser and check if your IP address has changed.