Squid Easy Proxy Server with Webmin GUI on Ubuntu is an excellent solution to a variety of proxy and caching server needs, and scales from the branch office to enterprise level networks while providing extensive and granular access control mechanisms.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
The connection to Squid Easy Proxy Server with Webmin GUI on Ubuntu using Windows settings
- Launch VM through your Azure account. When starting the VM proxy server starts automatically.
- To use the proxy server through the built-in Windows tools, you must open the settings.
- In Settings select Network & Internet.
- Go to the “Proxy” section and set the “Use a proxy server” switch to On.
- In the Address field, enter the address of the VM, and in the Port field, specify 3128. Then click the Save button.
- To check the connection to the proxy server, open the https://www.myip.com/ website in any browser and check if your IP address has changed.
Proxy server configuration through the GUI Webmin
- To access the Webmin GUI, go to https://*vm_ip*:10000.
- When you go to the address, you will need to accept a self-signed certificate, for this, click the <Advanced> button and then <Proceed to*vm_ip*>
- The authorization page will open. Use the username and password that you specified when deploying the VM.
- To go to squid settings, click on “Servers” and select “Squid Proxy Server”.