Squid Easy Proxy Server + Webmin UI on CentOS 7.8 allows users to get the high level of privacy and security. It can be used to route requests between the users and proxy server, setting the restrictions for IP addresses.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
The connection to Squid Easy Proxy Server with Webmin GUI on CentOS 7.8 using Windows settings
- Launch VM through your Azure account. When starting the VM proxy server starts automatically.
- To use the proxy server through the built-in Windows tools, you must open the settings.
- In Settings select Network & Internet.
- Go to the “Proxy” section and set the “Use a proxy server” switch to On
- In the Address field, enter the address of the VM, and in the Port field, specify 3128. Then click the Save button.
- To check the connection to the proxy server, open the https://www.myip.com/ website in any browser and check if your IP address has changed.
Proxy server configuration through the GUI Webmin
- To access the Webmin GUI, go to https://*vm_ip*:10000
- When you go to the address, you will need to accept a self-signed certificate, for this, click the <Advanced> button and then <Proceed to*vm_ip*>
- The authorization page will open. Use the username and password that you specified when deploying the VM.
- To go to squid settings, click on “Servers” and select “Squid Proxy Server”.