Squad is a large-scale combined arms multiplayer first-person shooter emphasizing combat realism through communication, team play, emphasizing strong squad cohesion mechanics as well as larger-scale coordination, tactics, and planning.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
How to create and connect to Squad
- To start the server, you must connect to the VM via RDP and open the start server.bat file on the desktop.
- Launch “Steam” on your PC, to connect to the server, open the “View” tab, and find “Servers” there.
- Go to the “FAVORITES” tab and click “ADD A SERVER”. Enter % vm_ip%: 27165 in the opened field, and click on the “ADD THIS SERVER TO FAVORITES” button.
- Click LMB on the server and then “CONNECT” to connect. If an error occurs, press the “REFRESH” button and reconnect. Then the game with the “Finding game” window will open, it is not necessary to click anything, the connection will happen automatically.
If you were unable to connect to the server, you should update the server. To do this, connect to the VM through RDP and do the following:
- Close the server
- Go to the “C:\steamcmd” folder and open the “steamcmd” file
- Enter the following commands in sequence:
> login anonymous
> force_install_dir "C:\squad"
> app_update 403240 validate
- Wait until the server is updated, and run “start server.bat” file from the desktop again.