Ready-to-run template with Space Engineers Games Server, which features a realistic, volumetric-based physics engine: everything in the game can be assembled, disassembled, damaged and destroyed.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
How to create and connect to Space Engineers Game Server on Windows Server 2016
- Click on the “SpaceEngineersDedicated” shortcut on the desktop.
- Click “Continue to server configuration”.
- If you want to know what parameters you can configure at this stage, then follow this link:
- Click “New Game”, select a map, enter the Server and World name and then “Save” and “Start”.
- Wait until a message appears in the console with the text “Game ready…”, which means that the server has started.
- Start the game Space Engineers.
- Go to “Options – Game”, turn on the “Experimental mode” item, and click OK.
- Return to the main menu and go to the section “Join Game”.
- Click Direct Connect.
- In the window that opens, enter the address of your VM following the example: %vm_ip%:27016.
- Сlick “Connect”.
If you get an error “The server is using a different version of the game,” then you should update the game server.To do this, connect to the VM through RDP and do the following:
- Go to the “C:\steamcmd” folder and open the “steamcmd” file
- Enter the following commands in sequence:
> login anonymous
> force_install_dir C:\space
> app_update 298740 validate
- Wait until the server is updated, run “SpaceEngineersDedicated” and start the server again.