Rust was inspired by games like DayZ, Minecraft and Stalker. It is a massive multiplayer game where you and other players are attempting to survive through the awful conditions, where humanity has been reduced to cavemen. Create your own Rust Server for multiplayer game in quick and simple way.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
How to create and connect to Rust Game Server for Windows 2016
1. Before starting the server, open the “Run.bat” file with a text editor. To do this, click on it with right mouse button and select “Edit”.
2. Set the parameters in a way convenient for you:
-batchmode – required to start the server only in console mode. Helps to reduce VM’s load.
+server.port 28015 – standard port for starting the server. The port is already opened in the Windows firewall. Recommended to leave unchanged.
+server.worldsize 4000 – determine size of the card on the server. The larger number, the more RAM is needed.
+server.maxplayers 10 – indicates the maximum number of players on the server.
+server.hostname “Azure Server” – the server name
+server.description “Welcome” – the server description,
3. After setting up the “Run.bat” file, run it. The first start of the server can be long (up to 30 minutes) , wait until it’s fully configured and started.
To connect to the server, start the “Rust” game on your PC, open the console with the “F1” key on your keyboard, write connect %vm_adress:vm_port% and press “Enter” to connect. For example: connect 127.0.0.1:28015.
If you were unable to connect to the the server, and “Wrong connection protocol: Server update required” error appeared, you should update the server. To do this, connect to the VM through RDP and do the following:
- Go to the “C:\Rust Server” folder and open the “steamcmd” file
- Enter the following commands in sequence:
> login anonymous
> force_install_dir ./rust/
> app_update 258550 validate
- Wait until the server is updated, and run “Run.bat” file from the desktop again