Configuration and launching Rocket.Chat – Enterprise Team Chat Server for Ubuntu
Before creating a VM, review the system requirements for the Rocket.Chat server: https://rocket.chat/docs/installation/minimum-requirements/
- Start VM through Azure Portal. The Rocket.chat service is run automatically when the VM starts.
- For the initial server configuration, go to the following address http://*vm_ip:3000 with any browser.
- In the first step you need to fill in the data for the administrator account.
- In the second step, you must enter information about the organization where Rocket.chat will be used. Filling data fields can be skipped and then press “Continue”.
- In the third step, enter the server information. This item can be also left unchanged and press “Continue”.
- Server setup is complete. Now you can connect through the application client, which will be most convenient for you (you can find their list on the Rocket.Chat website). Or you can use the web version by going to the site http://*vm_ip:3000.
Connect to a VM using PuTTy
- To connect to a VM, you need the PuTTy application to connect via ssh. You can download it at the following link – Download
- Run Putty, enter the VM address in the “Host” field, and click “Open” to connect
- In the opened console you will need to enter a username and password that were specified while creating the VM.
> sudo service snap.rocketchat-server.rocketchat-server status – checking server service status
> sudo service snap.rocketchat-server.rocketchat-server restart – server service restart
Official instructions for configuring and working with Rocket.Chat: