Pure-FTPd – FTP Server for LINUX Centos 7.7 has one of the most complete implementations of the FTP protocol specifications. It includes the protocol basics, plus modern extensions like MLST/MLSD.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
The guide how to work with the Pure-FTPd – FTP Server for LINUX Centos 7.7
- After purchasing and running the VM you should know its IP address. You can find it in the personal account of Azure. (It is necessary to select the virtual machine from the list. By clicking the item “Overview”, your IP is displayed in the line of “Public IP Address”).
- To work, you must open the following ports:
21(TCP), 22(TCP), 30000-50000(TCP)
- To connect to the VM you can use the SSH and PuTTY apps.
- When the app is started, you should enter the login and password.
- Use a self-signed certificate along the path:
- In order to share files, you must transfer them or download them to the following directory: /home/ftpusers/test/YourUser’sName.
Client FTP Software
Users can use any FTP Client to allow clients to connect. One of the best solutions is to choose FileZilla’s FTP Client.
In the host field you should insert ftpes://YourVM’sIP
And your username and password
After starting the connection, a window with a certificate will appear, there you must check the box <Always trust certificate> and click <OK>.
After that, you will be connected to the FTP server.