ProFTP – FTP Server for LINUX Centos 7.9 is a highly feature and configurable rich FTP server, exposing a large amount of configuration options to the user.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
The guide on how to work with the ProFTP – FTP Server for LINUX Centos 7.9
- After purchasing and running the VM you should know its IP address. You can find it in the personal account of Azure. (It is necessary to select the virtual machine from the list. By clicking the item “Overview”, your IP is displayed in the line of “Public IP Address”).
- To work you should open the following ports
21(TCP), 22(TCP), 50000-60000(TCP)
- To connect to the VM you can use the SSH and PuTTY apps.
- When the app is started, you should enter the login and password.
- Use a self-signed certificate along the path:
- In order to share files, you must transfer them or download them to the following directory: home/ftp_usr/
- To go to it, you should log in as root, in order to do this write sudo -i and enter the password. To exit from root, enter exit
Client FTP Software
Users can use any FTP Client to allow clients to connect. One of the best solutions is to choose FileZilla’s FTP Client.
In the host field you should insert ftpes://YourVM’sIP
And your username and password
After starting the connection, a window with a certificate will appear, in it you must select the <Always trust certificate> item and click <OK>
After that, you will be connected to the FTP server.