Configuration and connection to Packer on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
- To work, you must open port 22 (TCP) in the network properties in the AWS firewall.After purchasing and starting the Container you should know its IP address. You can find it in the personal account of Azure. (You need to select the Container from the list. By clicking the item “Overview”, your IP is displayed in the line of “IP Address”).
- To work with the server, you should connect to it via PuTTY (Download PuTTY)
- Go to the home page of “Session”, enter the IP address of the VM
- Go to section SSH on the left panel, and then in Auth. In the Auth section, click Browse and specify the path to the .ppk file you received earlier.
- In the console that opens, you must enter the standard login that appears when creating a virtual machine – ec2-user.
- To verify that the virtual machine is running, enter the command:
- To view the version of the virtual machine, enter the command:
> packer –version
Now you can use Packer on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 adapted for Amazon
For further interaction, please refer to the main documentation:
If you have any questions, welcome to our community:
Official website: Packer
Security: Security | Packer by HashiCorp