ownCloud is a suite of client–server software for creating and using file hosting services. It functionally has similarities to the widely used Dropbox.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
The guide on how to work with the ownCloud – File Sync and Share Server for Ubuntu 20.04 on Amazon
- Start your VM
To start the server, you just need to start the VM. To customize the Server, first, you need to know the server IP address. You need to select the virtual machine from the list. Your IP is displayed in the line “Public IPv4 address”.
For the server to be usable, open TCP port 80 in your VM’s security group.
- Configure the server
- To configure the server, you should connect to the VM. To do that, generate a “Private Key” in advance. This can be done using the following instruction (by choosing the “file format:” option “.ppk” in point 3) Guide – How To – Create and use Key Pair to connect to a VM
- Download and run Putty
- Go to the “SSH” section in the left panel (1) and then to “Auth” (2).
- In the “Auth” section, click “Browse” and specify the path to the .ppk file you received earlier.
- Go to the home page of “Session”, enter the IP address of the VM and click “Open”.
- In the opened console you will need to enter the login ubuntu
- To add your VM’s IP to the trusted list enter the command
> sudo occ config:system:set trusted_domains 1 –value=”YourVM’sIP”
- Enter the following command to get the admin password:
> sudo cat /home/ubuntu/def_passw_owncloud
- Save admin password
- After that, you need to reboot your VM
- Connect to your server
- Now you can go to the admin panel. To access the admin panel, you need to enter the address bar http://yourVM’sIP/
- To get to the main page enter the login “admin” and the password from point 8 of section 2.
- You need to change the standard password, for this go to the settings tab.
- In the fields enter the current and new password and click Change Password.
- To upload files in the cloud, click on the plus icon and select upload
- Official documentation can be downloaded from the cloud.