OTRS is a Ticket Request System with many features to manage customer telephone calls and emails. The system is built to allow your support, sales, pre-sales, billing, internal IT, helpdesk, etc. department to react quickly to inbound inquiries.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
Connecting and configuring OTRS – Ticket Request System Server for Ubuntu 20.04
- To start the server, you need to start the VM through AWS.
- To work, you must open port 80 (TCP) in the network properties in the firewall
- You can connect to OTRS through a browser convenient for you at the address http://ip/otrs/index.pl after starting the virtual machine.
Please replace “ip” with ip on your VМ
Please enter the username and password of your VM. In order to learn those, you need to connect to the VM.
To connect to the Server, you should generate a “Private Key” in advance. This can be done using the following instruction (by choosing the “file format:” option “.ppk” in point 3)
To work with the server, you should connect to it via PuTTY
- Download and run Putty
- Go to section SSH on the left panel, and then in Auth
- In the “Auth” section, click “Browse” and specify the path to the .ppk file you received earlier.
- Go to the home page of “Session”, enter the IP address of the VM and click “Open”.
- In the opened console you will need to enter the login ubuntu
- To display the username and password of your VM on the screed, please enter the following command:
- Copy the username and password and paste them in the corresponding fields on the website
Please change your password after login!
- To change the password, go to the settings using the icon in the upper right corner.
- Go to profile settings.
- Change your password by entering the old password in the “Current Password” field and the new password in the fields – “New/Verify” password. Then click the checkmark on the right.
- You can find additional information about OTRS settings on the official resource https://doc.otrs.com/doc/manual/admin/6.0/en/html/index.html