OTRS is a web application that is installed on a web server and can be used with a web browser. The main component is the OTRS framework which contains all central functions for the application and the ticket system. It is possible to install additional applications such as OTRS::ITSM modules, integrations with Network Monitoring solutions, a knowledge base (FAQ), etc.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
Connecting and configuring OTRS – Ticket Request System Server for Debian 10
- To start the server, you need to start the VM through the Azure Portal.
- You can connect to OTRS through a browser convenient for you at the address http://*vm_ip*/otrs/index.pl after starting the virtual machine.
- One superuser is already registered in the system, you can log in using the following data:
Please change your password after login!
- To change the password, go to the settings using the icon in the upper right corner.
- Go to profile settings.
- Change your password by entering the old password in the “Current Password” field and the new password in the fields – “New/Verify” password. Then click the checkmark on the right.
- You can find additional information about OTRS settings on the official resource https://doc.otrs.com/doc/manual/admin/6.0/en/html/index.html
- To connect to a VM, you need the PuTTy application to connect via ssh. You can download it at the following link – Download
- Run Putty, enter the VM address in the “Host” field, and click “Open” to connect.
- In the opened console you should enter a username and password that were specified when the VM has been creating.