NginX-RTMP is a real-time messaging protocol. It supports all three major protocols: Stream Real-Time Messaging Protocol (RTMP), Apple HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), and Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (DASH). NginX-RTMP can be useful to collaborate with colleagues, as you can stream not just a single window but also your whole desktop.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
The guide how to work with the CentOS-7-Nginx-RTMP
1. After purchasing and start of the VM you should know its IP address. You can find it in the personal account of Azure. (You need to select the virtual machine from the list. By clicking the item “Overview”, your IP is displayed in the line of “Public IP Address”).
2. To connect to the VM you can use SSH and the PuTTY app
3. You can create the catalogs in the VM and and upload your video files there for further streaming.
4. There are the test video files in the VM that you can use to verify the performance of the streaming service.
5. To play files, you’ll need a VLC player. You can download it by the following link for free: https://www.videolan.org/
6. To play the test video, go to the following path in the VLC player: Media–Open Network Stream–Network
7. Enter the following link to the field rtmp://vmIPaddr:1935/vod/small.mp4 where vmIPaddr is the address of your VM