The connection to Neo4j through SSH Tunnel
- Open the Windows Console. For this you need to run the Start menu, type cmd and press Enter on the keyboard.
- In the console enter the next line and press the Enter button.
ssh -f “VM LOGIN”@”VM ADDRESS” -L 57687:localhost:7687 -L 57474:localhost:7474 -N
While creating the virtual machine, specify the user account instead “VM LOGIN”, and instead “VM ADDRESS” – the address of the virtual machine. For example: ssh -f email@example.com -L 57687:localhost:7687 -L 57474:localhost:7474 -N
- When the command is entered, the connection confirmation text will appear, write “yes” and press Enter. After that enter the password that was used before to connect to the virtual machine.
- Without closing the console, open any browser on your PC and go to the following address http://localhost:57474/
- In the “Connect URL” field add the number 5 before the 7687 port. The field should look like “bolt://localhost:57687”
- At the first run enter “neo4j” into the “Username” and “Password” fields and click Connect.
- After that you will be prompted to create a user with new login information. Specify a username and password that are convenient for you. At the next authorization, they will need to be specified for login.