Configuration and Connection Navidrome – Streaming Media Server on Ubuntu
- To start the server, run the VM through Azure Portal.
- After starting the VM, you can go to the main page. To do this, go to the following address http://*vm_ip*:4533.
- A page with creating a user with administrator rights will open. Fill out the form and click <Create admin> to complete.
- To add audio to the library, you need to upload music to the server. For example, you can connect to a VM via PuTTY – Download.
- Run Putty, enter the VM address in the “Host” field, and click “Open” to connect.
- In the opened console you will need to enter a username and password that were specified the when the VM have been creating.
- All music will be automatically downloaded from the /media/music folder. First you need to create a music folder, in which we will upload music. To do this, enter the following commands:
> cd /navidrome/music
- Now you can upload audio files to this folder. To download a track via a direct link, you can use the following command.
> sudo wget -O %file_name% %link_to music%
> sudo wget -O Omen.mp3 'https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1kaj9cpLcgwcu0hPp6N2cUE8cIzoWM31t&export=download'
- Now return to the site and update the list of songs
- If you did everything right, then on the main page should appear your tracks that you can play directly from the browser.
- More information on setting up and working with Navidrome can be found here.