Navidrome is a piece of software that allows you to listen to your own digital music in the same way as you would with services like Spotify, Apple Music and others. It also allows you to easily share your music and playlists with your friends and family
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
Configuration and Connection Navidrome – Streaming Media Server on Linux CentOS 8.3
- After starting the VM, you can go to the main page. To do this, go to the following address http://*vm_ip*:4533
- A page with creating a user with administrator rights will open. Fill out the form and click <Create admin> to complete.
After purchasing and starting the VM you should know its IP address. You can find it in the personal account of Amazon.
To connect to the Server, you should generate a “Private Key” in advance. This can be done using the following instruction (by choosing the “file format:” option “.ppk” in point 3)
To work with the server, you should connect to it via PuTTY
- Download and run Putty
- Go to section SSH on the left panel, and then in Auth
- In the “Auth” section, click “Browse” and specify the path to the .ppk file you received earlier.
- Go to the home page of “Session”, enter the IP address of the VM and click “Open”.
- In the opened console you will need to enter the login centos.
- All music will be automatically downloaded from the /media/music folder. First you need to create a music folder, in which we will upload music. To do this, enter the following commands:
> cd /navidrome/music
> sudo mkdir %folder_name%
And a command to go to the created folder
> cd %folder_name%
- Now you can upload audio files to this folder. To download a track via a direct link, you can use the following command
> sudo wget -O %file_name% %link_to music%
> sudo wget -O Omen.mp3 ‘https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1kaj9cpLcgwcu0hPp6N2cUE8cIzoWM31t&export=download‘
- Now return to the site and update the list of songs
7. If you did everything right, then on the main page should appear your tracks that you can play directly from the browser.
- More information on setting up and working with Navidrome can be found here.