Configuration of Minecraft Java Game Server on Windows Server 2022 Base
For the VM to work, you need to open 25565, 25575 (TCP+UDP) ports in the Security group in AWS Firefall.
Connecting to the VM
- To connect to the virtual machine, run the “Remote Desktop Connection” shortcut “Win + R”
In the window that appears, enter “mstsc” and click “OK”.
- In the window that appears, enter the IP of the virtual machine and click “Connect”.
- In the window that appears, enter your username and password and click “OK”.
- Check the box and click “Yes”.
Running the server and starting the game
- To run the server you should find the “start_server” file in the windows explorer and run it.
- Wait for the message to appear
- Run your client to play the Minecraft Java Edition.
- Click “Multiplayer” in the main menu.
- Click “Add Server”.
- In the window, in the “Server Name” field name the server as you like.In the “Server Address” field enter the IP address of the VM and click “Done”
- In the server list, select the previously added server and click “Join Server”
By using the server you agree to the EULA: Eula | Minecraft
Get your own Minecraft universe!