Minecraft is a sandbox video game. Prepare for an adventure of limitless possibilities as you build, mine, battle mobs, and explore the ever-changing Minecraft landscape
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
How to start and connect to Minecraft Java Game Server on CentOS 8 Minimal
- To start the server, you just need to start the VM through Azure Portal.
- For the connection to the server, you should know the IP address of the VM. You can find it in the personal account of Azure. (You need to select the virtual machine from the list. By clicking the item “Overview”, your IP is displayed in the line of “Public IP Address”).
- Run your client to play the Minecraft Java Edition.
- Click “Multiplayer” on the main menu.
- Click “Add Server”.
- In the appeared window, in the “Server Name” field name the server as you like.
- In the “Server Address” field enter the IP address of the VM and click “Done”.
- In the server list, select the previously added server and click “Join Server”.
Server settings management
- Download and run Putty, then in the “Host Name” field, enter the address of the VM. Then click “Open” to connect.
- In the opened console you will need to enter the login and password specified while you created VM.
- To manage the server, you can use the commands described in the basic usage tab on the page – https://linuxgsm.com/lgsm/mcserver/.
- In order to enter these commands, you have to enter sudo su into the VM console.
- Then enter su steamuser and after that change the directory cd /home/steamuser.
- Now you can enter special commands to control the server. For example, by entering ./mcserver details, you can find out the state of the server
- To work, you should open TCP 25565,25575 – UDP 25565 ports in Azure Firewall.