Minecraft Java Game Server allows you to start your own to start the server in a couple of steps. This image powered by Tidal Media Inc. will do 90% of the work for you. Deploy a Minecraft server running Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. Customize your lego world.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
How to start and connect to Minecraft Java Edition Server for Ubuntu
- To start the server, you just need to start the VM through Azure Portal.
- For the connection to the server, you should know the IP address of the VM. You can find it in the personal account of Azure. (You need to select the virtual machine from the list. By clicking the item “Overview”, your IP is displayed in the line of “Public IP Address”).
- Run your client to play the Minecraft Java Edition.
- Click “Multiplayer” on the main menu.
- Click “Add Server”.
- In the appeared window, in the “Server Name” field name the server as you like.
- In the “Server Address” field enter the IP address of the VM and click “Done”.
- In the server list, select the previously added server and click “Join Server”.
Server settings management
- Download and run Putty, then in the “Host Name” field, enter the address of the VM. Then click “Open” to connect.
- In the opened console you will need to enter the login and password specified while creating VM.
- To manage the server, you can use the commands described in the basic usage tab following the link – https://linuxgsm.com/lgsm/mcserver/
- In order to enter these commands, you must enter sudo su into the VM console.
- Next enter su steamuser then change directory cd /home/steamuser.
- Now you can enter special commands to control the server. By entering e.g. ./mcserver details, you can find out the state of the server.
To work, you should open ports TCP 25565,25575 – UDP 25565 in the Azure Firewall.