Saving emails on public services could be dangerous. They become the target of hackers all the time. Creating your own email server is the best solution to keep your data safe and MailEnable Standard IMAP SMTP POP3 on Windows Server 2016 will help you with that.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
The guide how to use MailEnable Standard IMAP SMTP POP3 on Windows Server 2016
- To work, you must open port 25, 110, 995, 587, 465, 143, 993, 389, 80, 443, 8080, 8443 (TCP) in the network properties in the AWS firewall.
A list of these ports is displayed here:
- To connect to the virtual machine, run the program “Remote Desktop Connection”
- Enter the ip address of the virtual machine in the field “Computer” and press “Connect”
- Next, enter your username / password that you specified when creating the virtual machine
- Your virtual machine should have the static IP address, if you want to constantly change the domain settings (because if the address is dynamic, after the rebooting of the machine it’ll change to the static one).
After creating the machine, it’s possible to get the access to the web-panel either directly through the IP address or by adding to the domain MX records
through the IP address or by adding to the domain MX records
The instruction how to do that:
Google Domain – https://support.google.com/a/answer/6248174?hl=en
(For your site, where you’ve bought the domain – please, google “youdomainSeller add mx records” or contact seller customer support)
- There is the detailed instruction how to work with the mail server on the desktop of the virtual machine:
MailEnable Standard Guide
MailEnable System Manual
- To get started with the mail service, run the app called MailEnable Admin from the desktop.
- When the app is started, you will see the following window:
- After the initial installation, you should make sure that these services are working. Expand Servers> localhost> System and click “Services Status”. You will see the following:
- Next, you need to register your domains and mailboxes in the application. Detailed instructions are available at:
- After all the settings, go to your preferred email client (for example Microsoft Outlook, Firefox Thunderbird, etc.) and now you can work with the mailboxes that you’ve created.