The guide how to use Mail Server Nginx on Ubuntu 21.04
- To work, you must open port 22 (TCP) in the network properties in the AWS firewall.
- After starting the virtual machine you should know its IP address. You can find it in the personal account of Amazon.
- To connect to a VM, you need the PuTTy application to connect via ssh. You can download it at the following link – Download
- To connect to the VM, you should generate a “Private Key” in advance. This can be done using the following instruction (by choosing the “file format:” option “.ppk” in point 3)
- Go to the SSH section in the left panel and then to Auth.
- In the “Auth” section, click “Browse” and specify the path to the .ppk file you received earlier.
- Go to the home page of “Session”, enter the IP address of the VM and click “Open”.
- In the window that appears, click Accept.
- In the console that opens, you must enter the standard login that appears when creating a virtual machine – ubuntu.
Or use the username you provided after creating the virtual machine.
- Next window is displayed
- To check that NginX is up and running and get the list of all running nginx processes, enter the command
ps -ax | grep nginx
Once nginx is started, it can be controlled by invoking the executable with the -s parameter. Use the following syntax:
sudo nginx -s signal
Where signal may be one of the following:
- stop — fast shutdown
- quit — graceful shutdown
- reload — reloading the configuration file
- reopen — reopening the log files
More documentation about NginX here – Beginner’s Guide
Get answer your question – FAQ