Left 4 Dead 2 – Game Server on Windows Server 2016 is a co-operative action horror FPS that takes you and your friends through the cities, swamps, and cemeteries of the Deep South, from Savannah to New Orleans across five expansive campaigns.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
How to create and connect to Left 4 Dead 2 for Windows 2016
- Before starting the server, open the “server start.bat” file with a text editor. To do this, click on it with the right mouse button and select “Edit”.
- Set the parameters in a way convenient for you:
-console – required to start the server only in console mode. Helps to reduce VM’s load.
-game left4dead2 – required to start the server with Left 4 Dead 2 game.
+maxplayers 8 – indicates the maximum number of players on the server.
+sv_lan 0 – to start the server via internet
+map c5m1_waterfront– determine first map on the server
- After setting up the “server start.bat” file, run it.
- To connect to the server, start the “Left 4 Dead 2” game on your PC, open the console with the “~” key on your keyboard, write connect %vm_adress% and press “Enter” to connect. For example: connect 127.0.0.1
If you were unable to connect to the the server, you should update the server. To do this, connect to the VM through RDP and do the following:
- Shutdown the server (type exit in server console)
- Go to the “C:\steamcmd” folder and open the “steamcmd” file
- Enter the following commands in the sequence:
> login anonymous
> force_install_dir “C:\l4d2”
> app_update 222860 validate
- Wait until the server is updated, and run “server start.bat” file from the desktop again.