Left 4 Dead 2 — telling us the story of the survivors’ group who didn’t have time to evacuate from a city filled with infected residents. Four heroes have to clear their way, going through the crowds of the living dead.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
How to create and connect to Left 4 Dead 2 on Ubuntu
- To start the server, you just need to start the VM through Azure Portal
- To configure the server, you should connect to the VM and call the game console. To connect, you need PuTTy application to connect via ssh. You can download it at the following link – Download.
- Run Putty, enter the VM address in the “Host” field, and click “Open” to connect.
- In the opened console it is necessary to enter a username and password that were specified while creating the virtual machine.
- Run the following commands, to open the game console:
> sudo su
> screen -r
To exit the console correctly, use the Ctrl + A key combination, then releasing only the A button, press D on the keyboard.
- To connect to the server, start the “Left 4 Dead 2” game on your PC, open the console with the “~” key on your keyboard, write connect %vm_adress% and press “Enter” to connect. For example: connect 127.0.0.1
If you were unable to connect to the server, you should update the server. To do this, connect to the VM through PuTTY and do the following:
- First of all, you must stop the server, you can do this using the following commands:
> sudo su (If you haven’t run this command before)
> systemctl stop l4d2
- Enter the following commands in sequence:
> login anonymous
> force_install_dir ./l4d2
> app_update 222860 validate
> cd /home/steamuser
> chown -R steamuser:steamuser l4d2
> systemctl start l4d2