koel is a web based music streaming server, similar to Subsonic or Sonerezh, written in Vue (client side) and Laravel (Server side).
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
Configuration and Connection to koel – Music Broadcasting Server on Ubuntu 18.04
- To start the server, run the VM through Azure Portal.
- After starting the VM, you can go to the main page. To do this, go to the following address http: //*vm_ip*.
- The authorization page will open. To log in under the administrator account, use the username email@example.com and password admin.
- After authorization, the main page opens. First of all, it is recommended to change the password for the account. To do this, go to the account settings by clicking on the username in the upper right.
- In the “New Password” and “Confirm Password” fields, enter your new password. Also here you can change the name and login for the account.
- To add audio to the library, you need to upload music to the server. For example, you can connect to a VM via PuTTY – Download.
- Run Putty, enter the VM address in the “Host” field, and click “Open” to connect.
- In the opened console you will need to enter a username and password that were specified the when the VM have been creating.
- Create a folder where we will upload the music. To do this, enter the command:
> mkdir %folder_name%
And a command to go to the created folder:
> cd %folder_name%
- Now you can upload audio files to this folder. To download a track with a direct link, you can use the following command.
> wget -O %file_name% %link_to music%
> wget -O Omen.mp3 ‘https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1kaj9cpLcgwcu0hPp6N2cUE8cIzoWM31t&export=download‘
- Now you need to specify the folder in which the audio tracks are located on the koel website. To display the current path, use the pwd command. To copy the path, use RMB.
- On the site, go to the “Settings” section, specify the path to the folder with audio files, and press <Scan>.
- If you did everything correctly, then on the “All Songs” page should appear your tracks that you can play directly from the browser.
- More information on setting up and working with koel can be found here.
Koel Documentation: Home