Killing Floor 2 is a first-person shooter video game that can be played alone or cooperatively with up to six players. The game is based on events in which biotech firm Horzine attempted to create military clones and was hijacked by an insane researcher.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
How to create and connect to Killing Floor 2 Ubuntu
- To start the server, you just need to start the VM through Azure Portal. The start of the server can take up to 5 minutes , wait until it’s fully configured and started.
- To configure the server, you should connect to the VM and call the game console. To connect, you need PuTTy application to connect via ssh. You can download it at the following link – Download.
- Run Putty, enter the VM address in the “Host” field, and click “Open” to connect.
- In the opened console it is necessary to enter a username and password that were specified while creating the virtual machine.
- Run the following commands, to open the game console:
> sudo su
> screen -r
To exit the console correctly, use the Ctrl + A key combination, then releasing only the A button, press D on the keyboard.
- To connect to the server, start the “Killing Floor 2” game on your PC, open the console with the “~” key on your keyboard, write open %vm_adress% and press “Enter” to connect. For example: open 127.0.0.1
If you were unable to connect to the server, you should update the server. To do this, connect to the VM through PuTTY and do the following:
- First of all, you must stop the server, you can do this using the following commands:
> sudo su (If you haven’t run this command before)
> systemctl stop kf2
- Enter the following commands in sequence:
> login anonymous
> force_install_dir /home/steamuser/kf2
> app_update 232130 validate
> cd /home/steamuser
> chown -R steamuser:steamuser kf2
> systemctl start kf2