Jitsi is a set of projects that allows you to easily build and deploy secure video conferencing solutions. At the heart of Jitsi are Jitsi Video bridge and Jitsi Meet, which let you have conferences on the internet, while other projects in the community enable other features such as audio, dial-in, recording, and simulcasting.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
Configuration and connection of Jitsi Video Chat Server for Ubuntu 20.04 LTS AWS
To connect to the Server, you should generate a “Private Key” in advance. This can be done using the following instruction (by choosing the “file format:” option “.ppk” in point 3)
To work with the server, you should connect to it via PuTTY
- Download and run Putty
- Go to section SSH on the left panel, and then in Auth
- In the “Auth” section, click “Browse” and specify the path to the .ppk file you received earlier.
- Go to the home page of “Session”, enter the IP address of the VM and click “Open”.
- In the opened console you will need to enter the login ubuntu.
- Enter the following command. Initial setup may take ~20 seconds.
> sudo /bin/myjitsi-conf
- In the pop-up window enter the DNS name. You can use your own name or take it from the AWS portal. Do not include http:// or https:// in front of the DNS name. This will lead to error deployment!
More information on the server configuration with your own DNS и SSL certificate can be found at the following link: :https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/blob/master/doc/quick-install.md
8. Select the first item “Generate a new self-signed certificate” and expect further server configuration.
- At the last step, enter your EMAIL address and press “Enter” on the keyboard.
If you use the DNS name taken from Amazon, then at the end of the configuration an error message will be displayed. This is caused by the fact that the free SSL certificate service blocks Amazon domains. The error can be ignored and a server with unsecured connection can be used..
- After you finish creating the server, you can go to https://*dns_name* (be sure to specify https)
- Now you can create and connect to the rooms. To do this, enter a name in the “Start a new meeting” field and press <Go>. The list of available rooms is displayed below, just click LMB on it to connect.