The guide how to use iPerf3 – SpeedTest Server on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS minimal
To work, you must open port 5200-5209 (TCP) in the network properties in the AWS firewall.
- To work with the server, you should connect to it via PuTTY (Download PuTTY)
- Go to the home page of “Session”, enter the IP address of the VM
- Go to section SSH on the left panel, and then in Auth. In the “Auth” section, click “Browse” and specify the path to the .ppk file you received earlier.
- In the console that opens, you must enter the standard login that appears when creating a virtual machine – ubuntu
Or use the username you provided after creating the virtual machine.
- The server is already running, but for work, you need to install the client part and add it to the iperf3 folder you created for convenience. You can download from the link – https://iperf.fr/iperf-download.php
- After installing the client, open in cmd on your PC and go to the directory with the iperf3 client. To do this, write the command
- cd folder path
Exemple – cd c:\ipert3
- Next, you need to run a check. To do this, enter the command
- iperf3.exe -c 18.104.22.168 (replace with the ip of your virtual machine)
- Here you can check network speed and bandwidth
For more detailed information, you can go to the official website at the link below https://iperf.fr/iperf-servers.php