iPerf3 – SpeedTest Server is a widely used tool for network performance measurement and tuning. It supports tuning of various parameters related to timing, buffers and protocols (TCP, UDP, SCTP with IPv4 and IPv6).
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
The guide how to connect to iPerf3 – SpeedTest Server on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
- If Ubuntu is installed on your VM, you can skip step 2.
- To start the iperf3 server on Windows you should find the bat file named “start iperf3 server” on your desktop and run it. (Important: you should run this file after each start of VM!!!)
- After purchasing and starting the VM you should know its IP address. You can find it in the personal account of Amazon.
- Also you should allow the access by port 5201 (TCP+UDP), you can do in properties of Amazon firewall network.
- For the speed check you can download iperf3 client for your operating system. Download.
- To start the app you need to run the console (enter the “cmd” in the Start menu)
- In console go to the iperf3 client installation directory (in our case this is D:\Programs\iperf-3.1.3-win64)
- To get the help in usage, enter the >iperf3 command
- Enter the command for the connection speed check (for example, for 10 seconds test command is: “iperf3 -c xx.xx.xxx.xx -p 5201 -t 10” where instead of xx enter the IP address of your VM)