iPerf3 – SpeedTest Server on Linux CentOS 7.9 is a powerful tool for active measurements of the maximum achievable bandwidth on IP networks. For each test, it reports the bandwidth, loss, and other parameters. It supports tuning of various parameters related to timing, buffers, and protocols (TCP, UDP, SCTP with IPv4 and IPv6)
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
The guide on how to connect to iPerf3 – SpeedTest Server on Linux CentOS 7.9
- If CentOS is installed on your VM, you can skip step 2.
- To start the iperf3 server on Windows you should find the bat file named “start iperf3 server” on your desktop and run it. (Important: you should run this file after each start of VM!!!)
- After purchasing and starting the VM you should know its IP address. You can find it in the personal account of Amazon.
- Also you should allow the access by port 5201 (TCP+UDP), you can do in the properties of the Amazon firewall network.
- For the speed check you can download iperf3 client for your operating system. Download.
- To start the app you need to run the console (enter the “cmd” in the Start menu).
- In console go to the iperf3 client installation directory (in our case this is D:\Programs\iperf-3.1.3-win64).
- To get help in usage, enter the
- Enter the command for the connection speed check (for example, for 10 seconds test command is: “iperf3 -c xx.xx.xxx.xx -p 5201 -t 10” where instead of xx enter the IP address of your VM)