Insurgency: Sandstorm features a minimal HUD, lacking a health bar, ammunition count, or minimap. The Insurgency series has “slow” and realistic gameplay, with moments of intensity. Weapons are accurate and extremely deadly, putting an emphasis on teamwork.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
How to create and connect to Insurgency: Sandstorm Game Server
- To start the server, you must connect to the VM via RDP and open the start server.bat file on the desktop.
- To connect to the server, start the game “Insurgency: Sandstorm” and select “Play” in the menu and then “Community Servers”.
- Then click the “Connect to IP” button, and specify the VM address with port 27102, for example 127.0.0.1:27102. Click “OK” to connect. If you did not specify a password to connect to the server, leave the next field empty and click “OK” again.
If you fail to connect from the first time, try to restart the server.
If you were unable to connect to the server, you should update the server. To do this, connect to the VM through RDP and do the following:
- Close the server
- Go to the “C:\steamcmd” folder and open the “steamcmd” file
- Enter the following commands in sequence:
> login anonymous
> force_install_dir "C:\sandstorm"
> app_update 581330 validate
- Wait until the server is updated, and run “start server.bat” file from the desktop again.