Insurgency is a multiplayer tactical first-person shooter video game. The game received positive reviews from game critics and comparison to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. The objective of Insurgency varies between a big variety of game modes.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
How to create and connect to Insurgency for Windows 2016
- Before starting the server, open the “server start.bat” file with a text editor. To do this, click on it with the right mouse button and select “Edit”.
- Set the parameters in a way convenient for you:
-console – required to start the server only in console mode. Helps to reduce VM’s load.
-game insurgency – required to start the server with Insurgency.
+maxplayers 32 – indicates the maximum number of players on the server.
+map market_coop– determine first map on the server
-port 27015 – game Communication Port
- After setting up the “server start.bat” file, run it.
- To connect to the server, start the “Insurgency” game on your PC, open the console with the “~” key on your keyboard, write connect %vm_adress% and press “Enter” to connect. For example: connect 127.0.0.1
If you were unable to connect to the server, you should update the server. To do this, connect to the VM through RDP and do the following:
- Shutdown the server (type exit in server console).
- Go to the “C:\steamcmd” folder and open the “steamcmd” file
- Enter the following commands in the sequence:
> login anonymous
> force_install_dir “C:\ins-ds”
> app_update 237410 validate
- Wait until the server is updated, and run “server start.bat” file from the desktop again.