Icecast – Streaming Media Server for Ubuntu 18.04 is a great solution for hosting Internet Radio Stations. In addition to MP3, Icecast supports the Ogg Vorbis streaming format.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
Configuration and Connection to Icecast – Streaming Media Server for Ubuntu 18.04
- To start the server, run the VM through Azure Portal.
- After starting the VM, you can go to the main page. To do this, go to the following address http://*vm_ip *:8000.
- To authorize through the administrator account, click on the “Administration” button and enter the username admin and password adminpwd.
- Tuning and adding radio stations is carried out through the VM itself. To connect to a VM, you need the PuTTy application to connect via ssh. You can download it at the following link – Download.
- Run Putty, enter the VM address in the “Host” field, and click “Open” to connect.
- In the opened console you will need to enter a username and password that were specified when the VM have been creating.
- Enter the following command to open the configuration file
> sudo nano /etc/icecast2/icecast.xml
- After executing the command, editing the file will open. In order to go to the desired line, use the arrows on the keyboard. To paste the copied text, use the right mouse button.
- In order to change the login and password for accounts, go to the <authentication> section and change the values that are inside the <*** – password> tags. For example, change adminpwd to a new password.
10. To add a test radio station, add the following lines inside the <icecast> tag (but not inside other tags).
- Press “Ctrl + X” on the keyboard to exit the file. Then, you will be prompted to save the changes to the file – press “Y” on the keyboard to confirm, and press “Enter” to overwrite to the same file.
- To apply the changes, you must restart the service. To do this, run the following command.
> sudo systemctl restart icecast2
- Now you can go to the main page at http://*vm_ip*:8000 and the relay information will be on the main page. To open the station itself, go to the address http://*vm_ip*:8000/metal.