Hurtworld tempts you out of your comfort zone with rich resources, better loot and higher tech. It will also throw more dangerous creatures, harsher environments and new challenges at you that can’t be taken on without the proper gear or refined skill.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
How to create and connect to Hurtworld Ubuntu
- To start the server, you just need to start the VM through Azure Portal. Start of the server can be up to 5 minutes , wait until it’s fully configured and started.
- To configure the server, you should connect to the VM and call the game console. To connect, you need PuTTy application to connect via ssh. You can download it at the following link – Download.
- Run Putty, enter the VM address in the “Host” field, and click “Open” to connect.
- In the opened console it is necessary to enter a username and password that were specified while creating the virtual machine.
- To configure the server, you should to change the user to steamuser and go to the server directory:
> sudo su
> su steamuser
> cd /home/steamuser
The list of commands can be found at the following link (section “Basic usage”):
- To connect to the server, start the “Hurtworld” game on your PC, open the console with the “F1” key on your keyboard, write connect %vm_adress% and press “Enter” to connect. For example: connect 127.0.0.1
If you were unable to connect to the server, you should update the server. To do this, connect to the VM through PuTTY and do the following:
> sudo su
> su steamuser (If you haven’t run this command before)
> ./hwserver update