Hubzilla Decentralized Social Network on Ubuntu is a general-purpose communication server integrated with a web publishing system and a decentralized permission system.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
The guide how to work with the Hubzilla Decentralized Social Network on Ubuntu
- After purchasing and running the VM you should know its IP address. You can find it in the personal account of Azure. (You need to select the virtual machine from the list. By clicking the item “Overview”, your IP is displayed in the line of “Public IP Address”).
- To work, you must open the following ports::
- For further work, you should change the IP address of your VM in the configuration IP.
- To connect to the VM you can use the SSH and PuTTY apps.
- When the app is started, you should enter the login and password.
- Next you should run the command sudo nano /var/www/html/hubzilla/.htconfig.php
- Find the line App::$config[‘system’][‘baseurl’] = http://18.104.22.168
- Edit 22.214.171.124 to the current IP address of your VM or DNS name
- To exit the editor, press the combination Сtrl+x
- Enter character Y to confirm saving changes and press enter
- Now go to the address http://yourVM’sIP
- Enter login firstname.lastname@example.org and password admin
- To go to the administration tab, you need to click on the icon in the upper left corner of the page and select admin
- Here you can configure the server as you need.
- To change the password, you can go to the settings tab and select account settings.