Connection and Configuration of hMail – Mail Server for Windows Server 2022 DC
To start the server, start the virtual machine through Azure
- For the VM to work, you need to open TCP ports (25, 465, 587, 110, 995, 143, 993) in the network properties in Azure Firefall.
- To connect to the virtual machine, run the “Remote Desktop Connection” shortcut “Win + R”
- In the window that appears, enter “mstsc” and click “OK”.
- In the window that appears, enter the IP of the virtual machine and click “Connect”.
- In the window that appears, enter your username and password and click “OK”.
- Check the box and click “Yes”.
Static Ip address – Your virtual machine should have the static IP address, if you want constantly change the domain settings (because if the address is dynamic, after the rebooting of the machine it’ll change to the static one).
The instruction how to change the Azure VM address to the static one https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/assign-static-public-ip-address-to-azure-vm/
After creating the machine, it’s possible to get the access to the web-panel either directly through the IP address or by adding to the domain MX records.
The instruction how to do that:
Google Domain – https://support.google.com/a/answer/6248174?hl=en
(For your site, where you’ve bought the domain – please, google “youdomainSeller add mx records” or contact seller customer support)
- You will find the shortcut of the app on the desktop. Click twice to run it.
- Next you need to click Connect
- Now you need to enter the password “h3pwdcdkh32”, it is also located in the hmail password file on the desktop.
- Create a domain
- After saving it is necessary to create a mail account.
- Click “Save”, after entering account data.
- Now you can connect to your account.
- There are additional functions in the advanced version of the hMail server, as opposed to the standard version, namely:
– enabled message indexing
– detailed logging
– increased smtp message size
– enabled disconnect client after too many invalid commands
- You will find more detailed instructions how to work with hMail server on the developer’s website: