Connection to Ubuntu 21.04 with FTP Server4
- After purchasing and starting the VM you should know its IP address. You can find it in the personal account of Azure. (You need to select the virtual machine from the list. By clicking the item “Overview”, your IP is displayed in the line of “Public IP Address”).
For the VM to work, you need to open port 21(TCP), 22(TCP), 50000-51000(TCP) in the network properties in Azure Firefall
- To connect to a VM, you need the PuTTy application to connect via ssh. You can download it at the following link – Download
- Run Putty, enter the VM address in the “Host” field, and click “Open” to connect.
- In the opened console you should enter a username and password that were specified when creating the virtual machine.
- Next text is displayed
- Install “FileZilla Client” for further connection
You can download it from the link: Download FileZilla Client for Windows (64bit x86)
- Run “FileZilla Client”, enter the VM address, port, username and password that were specified when creating the virtual machine
- Welcome to the remote site
You have successfully connected to the server and can work with this service
The examples of the basic ftp user management commands that can be entered after connecting in the PuTTY client:
To create a new user enter: sudo useradd -m username, where username is a name of the new user
The changing of the password for an existing user: sudo passwd username
The deletion of user: sudo userdel username
The blocking of user account: (works only for password login): sudo usermod -L username
The unblocking of user account:(works only for password login): sudo usermod -U username