This FTP Server is a minimal implementation of an FTP, a standard communication protocol used for the transfer of computer files from a server to a client on a computer network. This solution contains only tools required for the Server to function.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
The guide how to use FTP Server Minimal on Windows Server 2016
To work with VM you need to open ports – TCP 21,50000-51000
- To connect to the virtual machine, run the program “Remote Desktop Connection”
- Enter the ip address of the virtual machine in the field “Computer” and press “Connect”
- Next, enter your username / password that you specified when creating the virtual machine
- Next, we need to go to the FileZilla Server control panel. When connecting for the first time, specify Host – 127.0.0.1 Port – 14148 Password – leave blank
- Next, you need to accept “fingerprint” – answer yes
- Now you need to create a user with an indication of his home directory
Click on <Server> and select <Configuration>
7. Click on <Users>
8. Add the <Users> by clicking <Add>
9. Now we need to add a new directory. Click <Add>
10. LMB twice on the line <Virtual path> type < / >, Click <Ok >. In the line <Native path> type <c:\ftp> and click <Ok>
If you check <Writable> it’ll give you grants write permissions to the specified directory
To work with the server, it is recommended to use filezilla ftp client. Operating mode <passive mode>.
You can download by the link https://filezilla.ru/get/
- Enter in the <Host> field the IP of your machine
- In the <Username> field, the name of your machine that you created in step 3
- In the <Password> field, the password that you specified in paragraph 3
This new version has very useful new features for the user.
1) Users permissions more simple
2) Working with <let’s encrypt> via admin GUI