This FTP Server is a basic FTP implementation. FTP is a standard communication protocol used to transfer files between servers and a client on a computer network. This solution contains a wide set of tools providing reliability and speed.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
Connection to FTP Server Basic on Linux CentOS 7.9
Install PuTTY. You can download PuTTY from the link – https://putty.org.ru/download.html
- In the “Host Name” field, enter the IP of the virtual machine and click “Open”.
- In the window that appears, click Accept.
- Enter the username and password that was used to create the virtual machine.
(If you enter a password, it will not be displayed.)
- To create a new user, enter the command
sudo addsftpuser and press “Enter”
- Next, you need to come up with your own “Username” and “Password”. Also enter “Repeat password” and press “Enter”
Attention: When entering a password for security purposes, it will not be displayed, also the password has to be a maximum of 8 characters. If you enter a password with more than 8 characters, it will be shortened. While entering a password in the ftp client, only the first 8 characters will be taken.
Connection with Filezilla client
- Now, for further connection, you need to install“FileZilla Client”
You can download it from the link: https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?platform=win64
- In the “Host” field – Enter the ip of your VM;
“Username” and “Password” – which you specified when creating a user in step 4;
Port – 22;
Then click – “Quickconnect”
- The examples of the basic ftp user management commands that can be entered after connecting in the PuTTY client:
The changing of the password for an existing user:
> sudo passwd username
The deletion of user:
> sudo delsftpuser
The blocking of user account: (works only for password login)
> sudo usermod -L username
The unblocking of user account:(works only for password login)
> sudo usermod -U username