The guide how to use FTP Server Advanced on Linux CentOS 8.4
- To connect to a VM, it is necessary to connect the PuTTy application via ssh. You can download it at the following link – Download
- Run Putty, enter the VM address in the “Host” field, and click “Open” to connect.
- In the opened console you should enter a username and password (while entering the password is not displayed) that were specified when the VM has been created.
- The creation of the user
To create a user, enter the command
> sudo addsftpuser
Next, you need to create a username and password for the user.
Attention: The password has to be a maximum of 8 characters. If you enter a password with more than 8 characters, it will be shortened. While entering a password in the ftp client, only the first 8 characters will be taken.
- To connect to ftp, it is recommended to use the “FileZilla Client” application.
You can download it from the link: https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?platform=win64
- In the Host field – Enter the ip of your VM. Username and password – which you specified when creating the user in step 4 Port – 22 . Then click – “Quickconnect”
- The examples of the basic ftp user management commands that can be entered after connecting in the PuTTY client:
The changing of the password for an existing user:
> sudo passwd username
The deletion of user:
> sudo delsftpuser
The blocking of user account: (works only for password login)
> sudo usermod -L username
The unblocking of user account:(works only for password login)
> sudo usermod -U username