Fossil Management System Server for Windows 2016 is an open source distributed version control system. Aside from being a VCS, it can track bugs and serves as a wiki creator, forum builder, and technotes maker in software development.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
The guide how to work with the Fossil Management System Server for Windows 2016
Static Ip address – Your virtual machine should have the static IP address, if you want constantly change the domain settings (because if the address is dynamic, after the rebooting of the machine it’ll change to the static one).
The instruction how to change the Azure VM address to the static one https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/assign-static-public-ip-address-to-azure-vm/
After purchasing and start of the VM you should know its IP address. You can find it in the personal account of Azure. (You need to select the virtual machine from the list. By clicking the item “Overview”, your IP is displayed in the line of “Public IP Address”).
2. To work, you must open port 80 (TCP) in the network properties in the azure firewall.
3. An example .repo repository has already been created on the VM for working with it. There are the files on the desktop:
fossil GUI start – Launches GUI interface
fossil server start – Launches the server
admin password – superuser login and password file
4. When you start the fossil server start file, you can connect to the repository via http://IP of your VM.
5. You can make the first login to your account using the username and password that are in the admin password file.
6. Let’s make a name for the project, for this we will go to the link:
7. Fill in all the required fields and click Apply Changes
8. Now you can work with this repository
9. To create the new repository you can enter the fossil new C:\fossil\NewRepositoryName.repo command to the command line.
10. For more detailed work with the Fossil Management System Server, you can read the official documentation:
Fossil Quick Start: http://www.fossil-scm.org/fossil/doc/trunk/www/quickstart.wiki
How To Create A New Fossil Repository: https://fossil-scm.org/home/doc/trunk/www/newrepo.wiki
How To Configure A Fossil Server: https://fossil-scm.org/home/doc/trunk/www/server/
Frequently Asked Questions: https://fossil-scm.org/home/doc/trunk/www/faq.wiki
We also recommend you to read the Links For Fossil Users section on the page: https://fossil-scm.org/home/doc/trunk/www/index.wiki