Firebird 2.5 for LINUX CentOS 7.8 (Certified by Tidal Media Inc.) is a fully-featured and powerful DB. It can handle databases from just a few KB to many Gigabytes with good performance and almost free of maintenance!
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
The connection to Firebird using DBeaver through SSH Tunnel
- Go to the page of downloading DBeaver – Download
- Download the software distribution that is convenient for you, Windows 64 bit (installer) for example
- Run the downloaded file and finish the installation process
- Start the DBeaver
- Click on the button to establish the new connection
- In the list that appeared find and select “Firebird”, then click the “Next” button
- In the “Path” field specify the path to the database located on the VM. For example: var/lib/firebird/data/testbase.fdb
- In the “User Name” field enter the username (e.g. sysdba) and the password to connect to DB. The other fields in the tab leave with no changes. It is strongly recommended to change the password, after connecting to the database.
- Go to the “SSH” tab and tick the “Use SSH tunnel” checkbox
- In the “Host/IP” field enter the address of the virtual machine (without spaces)
- In the “Username” field enter the username to connect to the VM
- In the “Password” field type the password, which was used to connect to the virtual machine before
- Click “Finish” to save and establish the connection
- While connecting, the window with the driver files installation may appear. Click “Download”, after that the connection to the database will be continued.