Firebird 2.5 for LINUX CentOS 7.7 (Certified by Tidal Media Inc.) is a fully featured and powerful DB. It can handle databases from just a few KB to many Gigabytes with good performance and almost free of maintenance!
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
The connection to Firebird using DBeaver through SSH Tunnel
- Go to the page of downloading DBeaver – Download
- Download the software distribution that is convenient for you, Windows 64 bit (installer) for example
- Run the downloaded file and finish the installation process
- Start the DBeaver
- Click on the button to establish the new connection
- In the list that appeared find and select “Firebird”, then click the “Next” button
- In the “Path” field specify the path to the database located on the VM. For example: var/lib/firebird/data/testbase.fdb
- In the “User Name” field enter the username (e.g. sysdba) and the password to connect to DB. The other fields in the tab leave with no changes.
- Go to the “SSH” tab and tick the “Use SSH tunnel” checkbox
- In the “Host/IP” field enter the address of the virtual machine (without spaces)
- In the “Username” field enter the username to connect to the VM
- In the “Password” field type the password, which was used to connect to the virtual machine before
- Click “Finish” to save and establish the connection
- While connecting, the window with the driver files installation may appear. Click “Download”, after that the connection to the database will be continued.