Explore farming possibilities in a new North American environment. Drive over 250 farming vehicles and equipment from over 75 manufacturers, including new brands such as Challenger, Fendt, Valtra or Massey Ferguson.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
How to create and connect to Farming Simulator 17 for Windows 2016
- To start the server, you need an additional Steam account with the purchased Farming Simulator 17 game. It is impossible to create a server and play with one account. Before starting the server, log into the Steam account on the VM, where the game was purchased (the second Steam shortcut on the desktop is not needed, you can delete it).
- After logging into the Steam account, run the shortcut “dedicatedServer.exe” from the desktop.
- Go to the server’s web control panel. To do this, follow the link from any device http://%vm_ip%:8080
- Login and password are in the file dedicatedServer.xml along the path C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Farming Simulator 17. Login and password can be changed in this file.
- The server configuration page will open. It is recommended to change the server name to a unique one to make it easier to find it in the server browser inside the game. After setting the parameters, click “Start” to start it.
- A Steam window will open on the VM, where you will have to confirm the user agreement and start the game (by clicking OK). If, after confirming, the game does not start – restart Steam and start the server from the web panel again.
- In the web panel, the server status will be “Offline”. But in fact, the server will start if the Farming Simulator 17 game console is opened on the VM. This problem applies to the game server via Steam, and has no solution yet.
- Start Farming Simulator 17 from another Steam account. In the main menu, select “Multiplayer” – “Join Game” – select a character.
- In the “Game Name” field, enter the name of the server specified in step 5. After the server appears in the list, double-click on it to connect.