Docker is a developing, delivering, and operating tool for applications. Docker is designed to release your applications faster. With Docker, you can separate your application from your infrastructure and treat the infrastructure like a managed application.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
The guide how to work with the Docker Community Edition on Amazon Linux 2
After purchasing and starting the VM you should know its IP address. You can find it in the personal account of Amazon.
To connect to the Server, you should generate a “Private Key” in advance. This can be done using the following instruction (by choosing the “file format:” option “.ppk” in point 3)
- Go to section SSH on the left panel, and then in Auth
- In the “Auth” section, click “Browse” and specify the path to the .ppk file you received earlier.
- Go to the home page of “Session”, enter the IP address of the VM and click “Open”.
- In the opened console you will need to enter the login ec2-user.
- To check that Docker is up and running, enter the command
sudo docker run hello-world