Configuration and connection to DNS Server (IaaS) for Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
To work, you must open port 10000 (TCP) and 53 (UDP) in the network properties in the azure firewall
- To connect to the virtual machine you can use the PuTTY client (Download and run Putty)
- In the “Host Name (or IP address)” field you should enter the IP address of the virtual machine from the personal account in Azure. In the “Port” field enter the 22 value, select the “Connections type” – SSH and click on the “Open” button.
- The following window will be opened:
- In the window above you should enter the login and password of the user of the virtual machine that were specified when creating the VM.
(while typing the password, the data isn’t displayed!)
- To access the admin panel, you need to enter https://yourVM’sIP:10000 in the address bar of your browser
- Now you should accept the security certificate
- Enter login – webminadmin and password – admin to connect
- Next, go to the servers tab – BIND DNS server
- Choose create a master zone
- Fill in the required data
- The zone created by you appeared in the list of zones, go to it
- Add a new address by filling in all the fields
- Also add an entry for the NS subdomain.
- You need to update the configuration after adding records.
- Initial setup completed.