Configuration and connection to DNS Server for Windows 2022 DC IaaS
- After the VM is started, on the desktop you’ll see a shortcut, that you should run
- Creating Forward Lookup Zone
Step 1. Open server manager dashboard.
Step 2. Click Tools -> DNS
Step 3. In DNS manager console, expand DNS server. Right-click Forward Lookup Zones.
Step 4. Click New Zone.
- Click Next.
- Choose primary zone. If your server is part of Active Directory, you can choose to “Store the zone in AD” (Optional).
- Provide the zone name and click Next.
- Choose “Create a new file with this ….” and click Next.
- Choose “Do not allow dynamic updates” or “Allow only secure dynamic updates” if your environment is part of Active Directory
- Click Finish.
Adding Host Record in a Forward Lookup Zone
- Open DNS manager console and right-click your forward lookup zone where you would like to create a host record.
- Click New Host (A or AAAA).
- Provide the name (and this will become FQDN in the form support.mydomain.com), and IP address.
- Click ‘Add Host‘ and you are done.
DNS Firewall Ports
The following firewall ports will need to be open if there is a firewall appliance in between your DNS server and clients.
Incoming open ports:
Outgoing open ports:
To setup Azure firewall rules refer to – Azure Network Security Groups