Configuring of DHCP Server on Windows Server 2022 Base
For the VM to work, you need to open UDP ports (67, 68) in the Security group in AWS Firefall.
- To connect to the virtual machine, run the “Remote Desktop Connection” shortcut “Win + R”
In the window that appears, enter “mstsc” and click “OK”.
- In the window that appears, enter the IP of the virtual machine and click “Connect”.
- In the window that appears, enter your username and password and click “OK”.
- Check the box and click “Yes”.
- To run DHCP click ‘Start’ and run ‘DHCP’ shortcut in the ‘Windows Administrative Tools’ folder.
- As you can see in DHCP, there is only one server:
- Expand the server by clicking on LMB and on IPv4 click RMB and select “New Scope” from the context menu.
- Enter “Name” and “Description” and click Next. Now you should configure the range of IP addresses. Example is further:
- In the next step, you can specify the range of IP addresses that will be excluded from the issuance.
- Then it is necessary to specify the lease term for the domain addresses issued by this server and click “Next”.
- Then click “Next”.
- At the next stage, you need to specify the gateway address that will be issued. After adding it, click “Next”:
- Then you can specify the parent domain and click “Next”.
You can skip the WINS configuration step
- Then click “Next”
and confirm the completion of the configuration.
DHCP Information: Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) | Microsoft Docs
Detailed instructions for configuring and working with DHCP: Deploy DHCP Using Windows PowerShell | Microsoft Docs