Configuration and connection to the DHCP Server on Windows Server 2022 DC for Azure
For the VM to work, you need to open UDP ports (67, 68) in the network properties in Azure Firefall.
- To connect to the virtual machine, run the “Remote Desktop Connection” shortcut “Win + R”
In the window that appears, enter “mstsc” and click “OK”.
- In the window that appears, enter the IP of the virtual machine and click “Connect”.
- In the window that appears, enter your username and password and click “OK”.
- Check the box and click “Yes”.
- Run the DHCP shortcut on the Windows desktop.
- As you can see in DHCP, the only server is “dhcp-win2022-dc.”:
- Expand the server by clicking on LMB and on IPv4 click RMB and select “New Scope” from the context menu.
- Enter “Name” and “Description” and click Next. Now you should configure the range of IP addresses. Example is further:
- In the next step, you can specify the range of IP addresses that will be excluded from the issuance.
- Then it is necessary to specify the lease term for the domain addresses issued by this server and click “Next”.
- Then click “Next”.
- At the next stage, you need to specify the gateway address that will be issued. After adding it, click “Next”:
- Then you can specify the parent domain and click “Next”.
You can skip the WINS configuration step
- Then click “Next”
and confirm the completion of the configuration.
DHCP Information: Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) | Microsoft Docs
Detailed instructions for configuring and working with DHCP: Deploy DHCP Using Windows PowerShell | Microsoft Docs