The guide how to use Debian 10 Basic
To start the server, run the VM through Amazon.
- To work, you must open port 22 (TCP) in the network properties in the Amazon firewall.
- Install PuTTY. You can download PuTTY from the link – https://putty.org.ru/download.html Launch PuTTY.
- To connect to the VM, you should generate a “Private Key” in advance. This can be done using the following instruction (by choosing the “file format:” option “.ppk” in point 3)
- Go to the SSH section in the left panel and then to Auth.
- In the “Auth” section, click “Browse” and specify the path to the .ppk file you received earlier.
- Go to the home page of “Session”, enter the IP address of the VM and click “Open”.
- In the window that appears, click Accept.
- In the console that opens, you must enter the standard login that appears when creating a virtual machine – admin.
Or use the username you provided after creating the virtual machine.
Now you have successfully connected and can use your new Debian 10 Basic. The advantage of this VM is that it has been optimized for better performance.